My WordPress host on Dreamhost share hosting, it’s superexcellence, but, you know, Dreamhost has the 7M MAX upload filesize limit, so I can’t do something. I checked the Dreamhost Discussion Forum and google www, find a real and simple way to resolve it. Here’s how:
- Set up your domain for FastCGI
Login your Dreamhost, enter Manage Domains, Edit your domain setup, in Web Options->PHP mode, select ‘PHP 5 FastCGI’, as below:
- Download DreamHost Custom PHP.ini from DeamHost Scripts and Tips.
- Extract the dh-phpini.php from dh-phpini.zip and upload it to you website root.
- Open dh-phpini.php in you browse. Example: http://www.yoursite.com/dh-phpini.php.
- Then, this result shows,
- After install, this script create ‘cgi-bin’ folder in you website root, including ‘php.ini’ files in the folder, and add this lines in you .htaccess file, AddHandler fastcgi-script fcg fcgi fpl
AddHandler php-fastcgi .php
Action php-fastcgi /cgi-bin/dispatch.fcgi
- Default, the Max upload file size increase to 20M, if you want to change to more, edit php.ini file in ‘cgi-bin’ folder like this,post_max_size = 50M
upload_max_filesize = 50M